Congratulations on your first home! Moving into your first home is an exciting milestone, and it can be overwhelming to think about decorating and styling it.
Here are a few tips to help you get started:
1. Start with a plan: Before you start buying furniture and decor, take some time to plan out the layout and style of each room. Consider your needs, the size of each room, and the natural light in each space. This will help you to make informed decisions about furniture placement and decor choices.
2. Invest in pieces that will stand the test of time: While it can be tempting to fill your home with cheap, trendy items, it's worth investing in a few high-quality pieces that will last for years to come. Look for furniture and decor that is well-made and timeless in style. *BIG bonus if you can find versatile furniture. Think multi functional pieces, or items with interchangeable slipcovers!
3. Don't be afraid to mix and match: It's okay to mix and match different styles and periods in your home. In fact, a curated, eclectic look can be very stylish and unique. Just be sure to balance out different styles and periods so that your home doesn't feel cluttered or disjointed.
4. Use your walls wisely: Walls are a great place to display artwork, photos, and other decor items. Consider using a mix of frames, shelves, and wall-mounted organisers to create a visually interesting and well-balanced display.
5. Personalise your space: Your home should reflect your personal style and interests. Don't be afraid to incorporate items that are meaningful to you, such as family heirlooms or souvenirs from your travels.
By following these tips, you can easily style your first home in a way that is cohesive, functional, and reflective of your personal style. Be sure to get in contact with our team - we are always happy to offer our advice & send fabric swatches so you can choose the perfect colours & fabrics for your space!